..one of those things i said i will do

random thoughts...i understand before they invented blogs..diaries provided the means to vent..before diaries...well all you could do was stand on the roof tops and shout yourself hoarse..i bet it works...i would love to do it..but i bet they have laws against such

..the feeling is good...barcelona won...man u lost..dont get me wrong..am not realy a die hard fun of football..i do suppourt arsenal of course (you can tell by now!)...and yesterday was one of those big nights..i didnt watch the game...realy...i lack that 'i have to catch the game' attitude..instead i curled up wit the missus (am not all tht murshy or anything..t'was the best option at tht point in time..n nway she's a great one!..lol)..anyway...she did mention tht she digs the fact that i am not so much into the whole football thing..which i took to be a compliment..point being i have come to know the match results today at 1.20 p.m...the next day..at the workplace..i wont smother the defeat into the man u folks..not becoz am not itching to...but because my lack of die hard loyalty to any football club deprives me of such a right...i chose to go with arsenal..because my big brother did..i was about 10years..and he was realy into that team..since i admired him alot and they had a great game then..i made that choice that any man will have to make...yeah gotta have team...its close to 14yrs later and i vividly remember Ian wright & Dennis Begkamp...and the tele's back then weren't plasma nor 100+ inches..it was on a simple 14' inch set..wit my bro my n moms (yeah she too got on the fever)..whiling away the sunday afternoon..while she made us chicken n chips...pure bliss...well times changed...i do catch the game once in a while..but realy cant remember much 3days later...makes me wonder...why did a (kenyan) gooner fan choose to hang himself over the defeat of 'our' beloved team (unsuprisingly i cant remember which team we lost to)...do we genuinely suppourt these teams or its an expression of a choice..that the current society demands that we have...u know a foreign football team...a foreign car...a foreign fav artist..knowing the winner of american idol...what do you think?ones thing's for sure...it was simpler back when Ian was on the team...nevertheless kudos to barcelona!

4 comments:

hey, lol! sorry - i think most people like followers, i was just a bit thrown cos i thought my friend had found my blog! lolol! i retract my follower statement, and welcome to blogville...
i'm def not into blogtiquette so feel free!

I'm an arsenal supporter and haven't watched a match in at least 2 years... says alot doesn't it!

Hi Chip!!
Apologies for kmplx's manners...lol
Still tryna figure out a way to scold her on your behalf.. :D
I'd probably have chosen your option if I was in your shoes as well.. Though I doubt if I'd have waited a whole day to find out the scores..

New template..?

Nice.

thanks roc..

Post a Comment